Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 2015 ethernet to wifi internet sharing not working along with Bluetooth connection between Macbook pro and iphone 11 not working

When I set up the internet sharing on my Macbook pro to share over wifi it doesn’t seem to work. The bluetooth seems to have an error and i saw this covered here in communities but I don’t wanna re install Mac OS. I just got the new update on my iphone 11 and Mac book pro 2015. The Bluetooth still doesn’t connect and when i click on the wifi hotspot from my laptop and enter the password it just stays stuck on loading and doesn’t actually connect from my iPhone. Please help me fix these issues.

these are not problems I would want on any devices let alone Apple. I don’t want to reinstall Mac OS just to see it still doesn’t work.

The internet sharing does work via USB. Also is the USB internet connection supposed to work for android phones? because when I connect mine that also doesn’t work.

I have wifi off in the picture because it wasn’t connecting.

The Bluetooth problem is where it says connection unsuccessful. On the Macbook pro it first says connected after pairing and then it says not connected

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 5:35 PM

Internet sharing of your internet connection provided to your Mac by Ethernet..

to devices connecting via Wi-Fi...

... turns your Mac into a Software Wi-Fi Access Point (almost a full Router). Other computers can attempt to connect to your Mac-provided Wi-Fi access point using their Wi-Fi settings. They should see your Mac's name and the network-name to connect to.

Connecting to your Mac using other methods is very complex and those other checkboxes should ALL be unchecked.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2022 5:35 PM in response to Marcel_4321

Internet sharing of your internet connection provided to your Mac by Ethernet..

to devices connecting via Wi-Fi...

... turns your Mac into a Software Wi-Fi Access Point (almost a full Router). Other computers can attempt to connect to your Mac-provided Wi-Fi access point using their Wi-Fi settings. They should see your Mac's name and the network-name to connect to.

Connecting to your Mac using other methods is very complex and those other checkboxes should ALL be unchecked.

Macbook pro 2015 ethernet to wifi internet sharing not working along with Bluetooth connection between Macbook pro and iphone 11 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.