Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Child Text Messaging

Is there a way to be able to send text messages from my child’s phone to my phone. They have a iPhone12. I have it set up for cloud but text messages do not appear. I do not see in settings on the new phone to receive to another email address. I have heard of family sharing but I do not know what that is. We have a family account but not sure the benefits it has

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 5:51 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 15, 2022 9:07 AM in response to RachelOlson1612

Hi RachelOlsen,

To address you not knowing what Family Sharing is, this document addresses that: What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

About texting, what happens when you try? Pleases explain the issues you are having and what services you are using. I send messages between myself and another person over wi-fi with no problems. You shouldn't have to do any special settings to receive a message and you don't even need Family Sharing set up (I don't). What do you mean you have a "family account"? Are you all using the same Apple ID? Frankly I have never tried sending a message to myself but maybe that's what you're doing. It wouldn't surprise me if that didn't work. If you are using one ID, you should set up IDs for other family members:

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Child Text Messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.