Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad 20w charger dropped down to the ground twice having no visible damage. Is it safe to use though?

My iPad 20w charger accidentally dropped to the ground twice having no visible damage. Is it safe to use though?

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 8:28 AM

Power Adapters are robust. If there is no visible damage, you should have no specific concern. That said, internal damage may be hidden.

If you are concerned, for peace of mind you might choose to have your Power Adapter inspected and tested by the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP):

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Otherwise, when connecting the Power Adapter to an AC power outlet and your iPad, should you observe anything that gives rise to a concern, simply disconnect the Power Adapter until it can be assessed by a qualified technician.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2022 8:28 AM in response to sachidanand9993

Power Adapters are robust. If there is no visible damage, you should have no specific concern. That said, internal damage may be hidden.

If you are concerned, for peace of mind you might choose to have your Power Adapter inspected and tested by the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP):

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Otherwise, when connecting the Power Adapter to an AC power outlet and your iPad, should you observe anything that gives rise to a concern, simply disconnect the Power Adapter until it can be assessed by a qualified technician.

my ipad 20w charger dropped down to the ground twice having no visible damage. Is it safe to use though?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.