Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch without an iphone

I want to buy my husband an Apple Watch but he doesn’t have an iPhone. Will the watch work alone. I have an iPhone.

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 10:27 AM

The watch will not work alone. It must be paired with an iPhone. You can set up the watch on your iPhone, but its features for an adult will be limited and he may have access to your text messages, etc. For example:

The following features and apps are not available using Family Setup: Medications, respiratory rate, irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Wrist Temperature, Blood Oxygen, Audiobooks, Remote, News, Home, and Shortcuts.

Here is a link about setting up an Apple Watch for a family member using your iPhone --> Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Your husband really should have an iPhone to take full advantage of Apple Watch.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2022 10:27 AM in response to Judith I.

The watch will not work alone. It must be paired with an iPhone. You can set up the watch on your iPhone, but its features for an adult will be limited and he may have access to your text messages, etc. For example:

The following features and apps are not available using Family Setup: Medications, respiratory rate, irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Wrist Temperature, Blood Oxygen, Audiobooks, Remote, News, Home, and Shortcuts.

Here is a link about setting up an Apple Watch for a family member using your iPhone --> Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Your husband really should have an iPhone to take full advantage of Apple Watch.

Apple Watch without an iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.