You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 8th Gen, Problem with screen (border all over the edge of screen)

Hey there, iPad 8th gen wifi only EU model, i have the problem shown on the photo. It have it since day one, but start annoing me... what can i do? (the screenshot is clean)

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 12:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 12:11 PM

This appears to me to be a hardware problem with the LCD itself. I have personally seen it myself with defective LCDs and there's not really any kind of "fix" for it other than replacement.

If you had this issue from day one, the device should've been returned to Apple immediately. If you still have a valid warranty on the device, make appointment with the Apple Genius Bar if you have a nearby Apple Store and take it in for evaluation and possible replacement under warranty.

Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2022 12:11 PM in response to tasozz

This appears to me to be a hardware problem with the LCD itself. I have personally seen it myself with defective LCDs and there's not really any kind of "fix" for it other than replacement.

If you had this issue from day one, the device should've been returned to Apple immediately. If you still have a valid warranty on the device, make appointment with the Apple Genius Bar if you have a nearby Apple Store and take it in for evaluation and possible replacement under warranty.

Official Apple Support

iPad 8th Gen, Problem with screen (border all over the edge of screen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.