You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Cursor Jittery with External Display

I recently started using an external monitor with my 2017 Macbook Pro. The monitor is an LG UL27600-W (4K). I can't figure out why the mouse cursor is jittery when I use it. I have the display connected through a USB C to HDMI adapter. I know the adapter is not the problem because I connected it to a PC directly and had the same jittery mouse issue.

I'm thinking it could be the 60hz refresh rate, but I've been told by many people that I shouldn't notice jitter even at that rate. Any advice is appreciated.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 1:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 11:49 AM

Hello Appleuser4322,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Just to clarify, you mentioned that you connected the monitor to a PC and experienced the same issue as when it's connected to the Mac is that right?

If so, this would point to an issue with the monitor itself. For that you'd want to reach out to LG directly. As the manufacturer of that display, they would be best to determine what could be causing that behavior.

This can help with reaching out to them: LG Support

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2022 11:49 AM in response to Appleuser4322

Hello Appleuser4322,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Just to clarify, you mentioned that you connected the monitor to a PC and experienced the same issue as when it's connected to the Mac is that right?

If so, this would point to an issue with the monitor itself. For that you'd want to reach out to LG directly. As the manufacturer of that display, they would be best to determine what could be causing that behavior.

This can help with reaching out to them: LG Support

Take care!

Macbook Pro Cursor Jittery with External Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.