Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade a late 2011 MacBook pro running Lion 10.7.5 AND Chrome or Safari

Trying to upgrade a late 2011 MacBook 15" pro currently running Lion 10.7.5 to El Capitan but cannot seem to download anything on Chrome or Safari because both require a newer OS. It's a catch 22! Can't upgrade browser because I need to upgrade ios and vice versa!

Same thing with an early 2009 MacBook Pro 15" running El Capitan 10.11.6. Google needs an os system 10.13 in order to run some programs but I can't update Google because the operating system cannot be upgraded.

Is there a browser that works with older operating systems?

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 7:42 AM

From this page: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

If your older Mac doesn't include Software Update, open the App Store app, which is in your Applications folder. Then click the Updates tab in the App Store to check for updates. You can also search for software by name.

4 replies

Dec 16, 2022 9:09 AM in response to myaka

I have done that. There are no older updates, only recent ones in featured.

I searched for Yosemite 10.10 which I need in order to install and there are no updates for El Capitan or Yosemite just tutorials.

that’s why I sent to the App Store online. I was able to download El Capitan from another machine and drop it onto my desktop, when it was installing it stopped and said I need 10.10.

Upgrade a late 2011 MacBook pro running Lion 10.7.5 AND Chrome or Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.