Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay no longer working

I've been using airplay on my iphone 13 successfully for quite some time, mirroring to several Roku sticks and Roku smart tvs. Suddenly, none of the Roku devices are showing up on my iphone. I've restarted all devices, verified that all are on the same network, verified that I'm running the latest releases on roku and iphone, etc. I've also contacted Rokus support who could not help me.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 3:47 AM

Verify that your iPhone is also connected to the same home network.

Verify that your router doesn’t organize your home network into separate parts, as devices can only communicate with other local devices on the same part. Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2022 3:47 AM in response to ldoornek

Verify that your iPhone is also connected to the same home network.

Verify that your router doesn’t organize your home network into separate parts, as devices can only communicate with other local devices on the same part. Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Dec 23, 2022 4:27 PM in response to Urquhart1244

So since a recent IOS update there are many users that are experiencing issues with Airplay. In all cases users are stating all of their devices either have not changed, confirmed operational and others reporting they have been using the devices previously for a long time. This then points the issue to the iOS update. As usual companies want to point to the user devices without actually checking what part of the recent update may have actually caused the issue. Folks the issue is not your devices at all. This is just a way to decoy until someone within Apple can correct the problem. After all part of the reason many people chose Apple devices was in part the Airplay feature. So we will be inconvenienced until the problem is resolved by Apple. So looks like many people will not be able to play Christmas songs through the devices this year. Merry Christmas.

Airplay no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.