Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Line distance bug if I start or use a symbol in Pages

See the screenshot (in Dutch, but that doesn't matter here).

I've used ☞ to start the sentence and if I do that, the line distance between that line and the next is suddenly increased. UGLY. I've tried making the ☞ smaller, but that didn't solve the issue. I've tried reducing the line spacing, but that is bug number 2: instead of reducing the line spacing for one selected line, it's reducing the line spacing for the whole paragraph, which looks really bad.

I'm running the latest version of Pages (12.2.1) and the almost latest version of Ventura (13.0.1).

Is there a workaround for this? Is Apple reading along?

Cheers,

Paul Harts

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 7:45 PM

You can close that line wrap indent gap by setting the Spacing section from its default Lines to Exactly.

In my example below the major text is 16 pt Cambria and the indented smaller text is 14 pt Cambria. The margins are 1 inch and the right margin is at:

5 replies

Dec 18, 2022 6:49 PM in response to Paul Harts

Hi Paul Harts,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If you are having issues using Pages, here are a few steps to help:

1. Restart your device to see if the issue is still there:Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

2. Confirm that your device is using the most recent software to rule out the older one: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

3. Try the steps here to see if they help: Set line and paragraph spacing in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

4. Contact Apple Support here if you need further support: Contact - Official Apple Support

Have a great day.

Line distance bug if I start or use a symbol in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.