Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Line break (shift + enter) doesn't work anymore (version 13.2?), all is hard return

Hello Apple community,

Since 13.2 I've noticed that a normal line break doesn't work anymore. Pages always behaves as if I do a hard return. This is a problem when I'm changing the length of headlines or lines.

Has anyone experienced this and/or a solution?

Cheers, Heiko

MR401B_ACN,

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2023 2:40 AM

Use control + enter.

7 replies

Nov 25, 2023 10:23 AM in response to picas

This is another unnecessary nonstandard key combination from Apple. For example, Apple nonsensically disregards the standard use of the "home" and "end" keys (marked as such on all keyboards that have them), rather assigning those keys to be beginning of document and end of document, respectively. I regularly shift between Windows and MacOS platforms daily, and it's maddening to have to train myself to disregard the keyboard markings else end up losing my place in long documents.

Apple, please revert the shift-return behavior to "soft return." Please conform to computer-use conventions for the sake of wider adoption.

Line break (shift + enter) doesn't work anymore (version 13.2?), all is hard return

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.