Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the Xerox B215 printer now incompatible with MAC IOS Monterey?

I have used Xerox B215 printer/scanner/fax for a year but it quit working with my iMac (Monterey OS). I deleted and uploaded the printer. The scan works but the printed pages are all gibberish. Xerox was of no help. Does anyone have any solutions? The printer works on my HP laptop.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 8:49 AM

According to this Apple document, , the Xerox B215 Multifunction Printer is AirPrint compatible.

Therefore follow this Apple document: Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Additionally, if necessary go to the System/Printers & Scanners settings pane and remove the printer. Then add it back using the WiFi/Bonjour/wireless setting.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2022 8:49 AM in response to Lin_RHIA

According to this Apple document, , the Xerox B215 Multifunction Printer is AirPrint compatible.

Therefore follow this Apple document: Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Additionally, if necessary go to the System/Printers & Scanners settings pane and remove the printer. Then add it back using the WiFi/Bonjour/wireless setting.

Dec 16, 2022 10:42 AM in response to Lin_RHIA

If you will bear with me, I will offer some things to consider which may be useful. Whenever we install an operating system upgrade or some OS updates, printers and scanners will often stop working. Then a new OS compliant software must be installed. Experience has shown that many printer/scanner manufacturers are very slow to provide updated software. What you can do is to thoroughly check the vendor's web site for updated compliant software that works with your newly installed operating system. If none is available, then you should ask when it will be released. If that doesn't work, you can try scanning using Apple's Image Capture app. It will scan, but is not full featured. Another alternative is to download and try the full featured scanner software from VueScan. You can try it for free. It will show a watermark until you purchase it. I bought it and can recommend it. I have no association with VueScan. Good luck.

VueScan Scanner Software for macOS Catalina, Windows 10, and Linux

Is the Xerox B215 printer now incompatible with MAC IOS Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.