Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Gen3 Stuck on Apple Logo

My Apple watch Gen 3 is stuck on the Apple logo. After the last software update, it started showing popups of storage full, then soon after, the apple logo appeared and the watch is now not resettable by any means. This is not a mechanical watch, hence the issue is purely software related, as the watch [hardware] is not damaged or experienced any potentially damaging knocks etc. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Paying for Genius Bar fix does not seem a fair approach considering this may have been induced from the last update. I believe Apple should provide a free solution to this problem.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 2:34 AM

If the Apple Watch has stopped responding and showing a logo then you can only perform a force restart. 

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, Contact Support because hardware failure is indicated. There may be no moving parts but a lot if hardware

If you do get it going you may have to erase it to pair it again because the old series 3 has low internal memory

5 years is a long time in Watch years

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers 

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2022 2:34 AM in response to Nitrodaze

If the Apple Watch has stopped responding and showing a logo then you can only perform a force restart. 

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, Contact Support because hardware failure is indicated. There may be no moving parts but a lot if hardware

If you do get it going you may have to erase it to pair it again because the old series 3 has low internal memory

5 years is a long time in Watch years

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers 

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Dec 17, 2022 3:12 AM in response to LD150

I have tried that already and it reboots and reverts back to the Apple Logo. It is clear that the memory is full and l am certain the hardware is undamaged. Apple support is asking for £175 to fix it. There should be an easy way out of this deadlock or the Apple watch would become a very unattractive device to me in the future. Surely Apple has thought about what to do if the storage of the Apple Watch is filled to the point which could render the device defective. Updates should not occur if they could result in dangerously filling the storage to its maximum capacity. This appears to be the case here.

Dec 17, 2022 3:22 AM in response to LD150

I would be quite surprised if the hardware failed. As l only use it while exercising otherwise it is on its cradle. I shall pay out the £175 to get to the bottom of this. If it is hardware, then it would be evidence that the hardware is not very sturdy. If l used it regularly, then may have gotten worn out sooner. Either way, l am not going to be impressed.

Apple Watch Gen3 Stuck on Apple Logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.