Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

My Apple Watch series 2 is stuck on the logo and when i try to reset it shows “!”

My Apple Watch series 2 is stuck on the logo and when i try to reset it shows “!” What should I do???

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 12:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 12:32 AM

Hi there

Please try this steps if your watch is showing a red exclamation mark

If your Apple Watch with watchOS 8.5 or later displays an animation showing a watch and iPhone being brought close together, follow these steps:

If your watch is showing a red exclamation mark , double-click the side button, then follow the steps above.

1. Make sure that an iPhone is nearby. The iPhone needs to have iOS 15.4 or later, it needs to be connected to Wi-Fi* with Bluetooth turned on, and it needs to be unlocked.
  2. Put your Apple Watch on its charger.
  3. Double-click the side button (the button below the circular Digital Crown) on your Apple Watch.
  4. Follow the steps that appear on the iPhone.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2023 12:32 AM in response to Nobody24

Hi there

Please try this steps if your watch is showing a red exclamation mark

If your Apple Watch with watchOS 8.5 or later displays an animation showing a watch and iPhone being brought close together, follow these steps:

If your watch is showing a red exclamation mark , double-click the side button, then follow the steps above.

1. Make sure that an iPhone is nearby. The iPhone needs to have iOS 15.4 or later, it needs to be connected to Wi-Fi* with Bluetooth turned on, and it needs to be unlocked.
  2. Put your Apple Watch on its charger.
  3. Double-click the side button (the button below the circular Digital Crown) on your Apple Watch.
  4. Follow the steps that appear on the iPhone.

My Apple Watch series 2 is stuck on the logo and when i try to reset it shows “!”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.