Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to save pdf file in safari after ventura

Unable to save pdf file in safari after ventura release.

I think it's a software bug.

How can I fix this?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 5:08 AM

5 replies

Dec 19, 2022 1:42 PM in response to zeki259

Hi there zeki259,

We'd like to confirm more details to better understand what's happening, along with ruling out some general possible causes:

1. What exactly is happening when you try saving a PDF file in Safari?
  2. Does this occur with all websites from which you try saving a PDF file?
  3. Any issues with other types of files saving from within Safari?
  4. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart. Check out the section 'Restart' here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac
  5. You mentioned that macOS Ventura(the latest version is 13.1) is installed, but we see that macOS 10.13 is installed from your post. Which exact macOS version is currently installed in your Mac? You can verify this by clicking on the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen, then on ‘About This Mac’. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then Update macOS on Mac.

Cheers!

Dec 19, 2022 10:33 PM in response to zeki259

Hi Bruno.

Thanks for your return.

I have Ventura 13.0.1 installed on my Mac.

I can't save any page as pdf in Safari.

The same warning keeps popping up. 'Resetting to a valid value'

I tried all the methods to be able to save any page as pdf. I have reported to the support teams many times but the problem has not been resolved.

This problem exists on all macs with ventura that I tried in the apple store here. There is a software bug in the latest version of Safari.

I don't understand why it hasn't been resolved.

I am attaching the photos.

Unable to save pdf file in safari after ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.