Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting calls from blocked number

I have recently bought my iPhone 14 pro and have blocked a particular number but still they’re calling me constantly and texting me since I have blocked please help me to block them permanently

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 11:55 AM

Hey there,

If a blocked number is still able to call you, you'll want to make sure that the number you have saved in the blocked list is an exact match for the number appearing in your call log. For example, if in your call log the number includes the country code (+1 -xxx-xxx-xxxx) you'll want to make sure the number is saved to the blocked list in that same exact format.

Check to see if you have any 3rd party call blocking or filtering applications currently installed on the device which may be affecting the built in call blocking. Go to Settings > Phone, and see if you have an option for Call Blocking & Identification. If you do, select it and see what application is installed. Then try removing that application and see if the blocked phone number is still able to get through.

You'll also want to make sure you've covered the basics of restarting the device and making sure it's up to date.

Restart your iPhone

Update your iPhone

If the blocked calls are still getting through, you'll want to contact Apple to report the issue: Get Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2022 11:55 AM in response to leefeya

Hey there,

If a blocked number is still able to call you, you'll want to make sure that the number you have saved in the blocked list is an exact match for the number appearing in your call log. For example, if in your call log the number includes the country code (+1 -xxx-xxx-xxxx) you'll want to make sure the number is saved to the blocked list in that same exact format.

Check to see if you have any 3rd party call blocking or filtering applications currently installed on the device which may be affecting the built in call blocking. Go to Settings > Phone, and see if you have an option for Call Blocking & Identification. If you do, select it and see what application is installed. Then try removing that application and see if the blocked phone number is still able to get through.

You'll also want to make sure you've covered the basics of restarting the device and making sure it's up to date.

Restart your iPhone

Update your iPhone

If the blocked calls are still getting through, you'll want to contact Apple to report the issue: Get Support

Getting calls from blocked number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.