Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sidecar constantly loses connection

Mark Bird asked this question Apr20 2022, but got no replies and now the question is closed.

Sidecar constantly loses connection - Apple Community

I have a very similar problem with a brand new MBPro14 and a 2nd Generation iPad Pro 12.9. Constant loss of connection. Every few seconds, then it reconnects, then it disconnects, then it reconnects, then it disconnects ... you get the idea.

I have a long standing problem with the Bluetooth on this iPad, where it causes the iPad to 'freeze' for a few seconds on a regular basis. I cannot scroll, or in any way interact with it. Totally frozen and then all of a sudden, it's fine again until a few minutes later.. off we go again. I've seen this problem discussed but have never seen a fix and I suspect it's the same problem as the one Mark and I are having with SideCar. It first appeared after a major upgrade. I can't remember which, but it's quite a long time ago. I tend to leave Bluetooth off, due to this and it's okay for most things, but now that I'd like very much to use SideCar with this new M1... hiccup.

Any thoughts would be very welcome.

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 3:06 AM

Catch this problem after update MBP 16" 2021 to Ventura 13.2 and iPadPro 10.5 2017 to 16.3

Connect-disconnect every 2-3 sec, if iPad connected by Wi-Fi. When connected by the cable all is ok.

After 3-5 times connection-disconnection Wi-Fi on iPad is drop connection with router and do not wont to connect to any network. After reboot connection to Wi-Fi restored but drop again after sidecaring. Try to change router - no luck, try to reset iPad to factory settings - no luck.

Sidecar stable working only via cable

At the same time it is working ok with appleTV 4K that connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Very annoying me

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 3:06 AM in response to gee-eff-ess

Catch this problem after update MBP 16" 2021 to Ventura 13.2 and iPadPro 10.5 2017 to 16.3

Connect-disconnect every 2-3 sec, if iPad connected by Wi-Fi. When connected by the cable all is ok.

After 3-5 times connection-disconnection Wi-Fi on iPad is drop connection with router and do not wont to connect to any network. After reboot connection to Wi-Fi restored but drop again after sidecaring. Try to change router - no luck, try to reset iPad to factory settings - no luck.

Sidecar stable working only via cable

At the same time it is working ok with appleTV 4K that connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Very annoying me

Dec 18, 2022 7:02 AM in response to gee-eff-ess

gee-eff-ess wrote:

Mark Bird asked this question Apr20 2022, but got no replies and now the question is closed.

Sidecar constantly loses connection - Apple Community

I have a very similar problem with a brand new MBPro14 and a 2nd Generation iPad Pro 12.9. Constant loss of connection. Every few seconds, then it reconnects, then it disconnects, then it reconnects, then it disconnects ... you get the idea.

I have a long standing problem with the Bluetooth on this iPad, where it causes the iPad to 'freeze' for a few seconds on a regular basis. I cannot scroll, or in any way interact with it. Totally frozen and then all of a sudden, it's fine again until a few minutes later.. off we go again. I've seen this problem discussed but have never seen a fix and I suspect it's the same problem as the one Mark and I are having with SideCar. It first appeared after a major upgrade. I can't remember which, but it's quite a long time ago. I tend to leave Bluetooth off, due to this and it's okay for most things, but now that I'd like very much to use SideCar with this new M1... hiccup.

Any thoughts would be very welcome.

Verify your software is up to date:

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Update your iDevice -

The current stable release of iOS and iPadOS including bug fixes, security updates is iOS 16.2

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Feb 5, 2023 7:12 AM in response to mhie

Mine broke again not long after it was fixed by the upgrade to 16.2.

There is an issue with SMB networking and Ventura and possibly the M Macs. I spent a long time trying to fix it on an M1 before it started gaining traction online as an OS problem. For me I'm just using wired, which seems to be ok for now.

It is a pretty bad bug, so it's surprising it wasn't picked up in beta.

Feb 4, 2023 4:14 PM in response to valdemar1977

You're the first person I've found with the identical issue as me. Sadly the workaround did not work. I'm running an M2 mac mini, 1st gen ipad pro, it'll connect and a few seconds later it disconnects, reconnects, repeats in a cycle. Playing video shows it's actually immediately dropping as soon as I start mirroring, as anything with movement gets one frame and instantly freezes. When it reconnects, it gets a single frame of the video and freezes, so it is updating. It works fine when I connect the cable BUT I can't just plug it in and go. I have to turn off the wifi on the Mac to force it to mirror over USB. Then it works perfectly. The weirdest thing, was last weekend it worked fine over wifi. I updated the ipad to 16.3 since then, and that seems to be when it stopped working.

I've also tried four different wifi networks (both 2.4 and 5ghz), resetting the ipad's network settings, signing out and in of icloud on both mac and ipad, restarted mac in safe mode, setup a new user profile on mac, and am running out of options. Working on running a full restore on the ipad next but running out of ideas.

Sidecar constantly loses connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.