Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how may I created an address list in alphabetical order?

how may I created an address list which will keep alphabetical order?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 6:21 AM

If the address list is in a table, and you have a column with a heading for last name, then select all cells in the column below that header item, and then by right-clicking, you can choose Sort Rows Ascending by "Column A".

If you don't have a column heading such as Last name, then you can pass your pointer over the alphabetic column letter (e.g. A, B, etc) whose column contains your names to sort. A down-arrow symbol will appear on the right of that column letter and by clicking that, you can select Sort Ascending which will apply to all items in that column.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2022 6:21 AM in response to AndachtMaherFamily

If the address list is in a table, and you have a column with a heading for last name, then select all cells in the column below that header item, and then by right-clicking, you can choose Sort Rows Ascending by "Column A".

If you don't have a column heading such as Last name, then you can pass your pointer over the alphabetic column letter (e.g. A, B, etc) whose column contains your names to sort. A down-arrow symbol will appear on the right of that column letter and by clicking that, you can select Sort Ascending which will apply to all items in that column.

how may I created an address list in alphabetical order?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.