Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alphabetical order

I have a list, which I add to from time to time. It’s getting hard to find stuff on it now. How do I put it in alphabetical order?

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 3:34 AM

Pages does not have an alphabetical sort capability for non-tabular lists.

If this is just a text list, then get the free WordService utility from the Mac App Store. It will install a suite of services during the download and offers one service: Sort Lines Ascending which will instantly sort a selected list.

Once installed, you will need to activate the Sort Lines Ascending service as it is not automatically activated. That is done in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services > WordService:Sort Lines Ascending. It also has a pre-assigned keyboard shortcut as shift+cmd+A when active. It would also be available from the Pages > Services menu too.

Select your entire list and apply the Sort Lines Ascending. The list is changed in place.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 3:34 AM in response to Scouser01

Pages does not have an alphabetical sort capability for non-tabular lists.

If this is just a text list, then get the free WordService utility from the Mac App Store. It will install a suite of services during the download and offers one service: Sort Lines Ascending which will instantly sort a selected list.

Once installed, you will need to activate the Sort Lines Ascending service as it is not automatically activated. That is done in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services > WordService:Sort Lines Ascending. It also has a pre-assigned keyboard shortcut as shift+cmd+A when active. It would also be available from the Pages > Services menu too.

Select your entire list and apply the Sort Lines Ascending. The list is changed in place.

Alphabetical order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.