Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts will not stream or download

Since yesterday I am having a recurring issue where certain podcast episodes will download about 25% then the download stops and starts over. The podcast also will not stream using data, wifi or any other method to stream without downloading. Since this is affecting multiple podcasts and the episodes play fine on other apps, this is not an issue with the episodes. I am also unable to download older episodes of any show/podcast. It will appear to fully download and then downloaded icon will disappear and the episode doesn’t appear in the list of downloaded episodes. I have already tried resetting the phone, deleting the app, deleting the episodes, etc. The issue persists. I am using the latest software version 16.2 on iphone 12.

iPhone 5c

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 7:23 AM

Seeing the same issue since roughly 12/16/2022.

haven’t noticed the pattern yet on which episodes are affected, but on those affected i can stream or download using wifi or cellular data, regardless of settings.

episodes will download until 8.4mb exactly, then stop downloading and eventually give an unable to download, please try later error.

deleting the podcasts app and reinstalling did not resolve the issue

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2022 7:23 AM in response to luvpumpkns

Seeing the same issue since roughly 12/16/2022.

haven’t noticed the pattern yet on which episodes are affected, but on those affected i can stream or download using wifi or cellular data, regardless of settings.

episodes will download until 8.4mb exactly, then stop downloading and eventually give an unable to download, please try later error.

deleting the podcasts app and reinstalling did not resolve the issue

Dec 18, 2022 11:24 AM in response to luvpumpkns

Same here I first noticed they would until 4:19 and buffer and when I tried to download today it downloaded half way and then stopped completely and disappeared! I am all updated on my Mac and IPhone 11 where this is happening, I’ve changed the settings many times (internet advised), checked wifi, restarted, deleted, and gave sure I had plenty storage. This hurts my heart.

Dec 24, 2022 3:05 PM in response to uniquee64

Update : my phone started downloading them fully and properly yesterday, yesterday on my lunch break I tried it was success. For my laptop i tried out playing one ( I don’t normally download them there) and it workedddd today!!!

Whoever said it may have been the service used to make them may be right because when I had the issue I tried every podcast streaming place my favorite podcast was posted before I made the post.

Podcasts will not stream or download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.