Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why has maps stopped showing calendar events and directions?

Until about two weeks ago, I could go to my Apple Maps and it would find events with locations in my calendar. From maps, I could click on the event and pull up directions. I was playing around with settings and apparently accidentally turned off that feature. Maps is no longer showing my upcoming events.

I’ve tried everything I can think of. (Location are turned on for both.) Any ideas what I changed and how I can get it back?

iPhone SE, 16

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 1:14 PM

Thanks for your suggestion. However, I'm not having a problem searching for a location. That works fine. I'm having problems with the map looking for upcoming events on my calendar so I can map them. (I tried it, just in case, but it didn't fix my problem.)

Previously, I would put something on my calendar, like, "Sunday School," and select 9:30 on Sunday and enter the location on my calendar. When I went to maps, it found and displayed my event and the address. I could just click the event in maps to map it. It is no longer doing that.

I used it all the time, so I really miss having it.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2022 1:14 PM in response to ShannonM1

Thanks for your suggestion. However, I'm not having a problem searching for a location. That works fine. I'm having problems with the map looking for upcoming events on my calendar so I can map them. (I tried it, just in case, but it didn't fix my problem.)

Previously, I would put something on my calendar, like, "Sunday School," and select 9:30 on Sunday and enter the location on my calendar. When I went to maps, it found and displayed my event and the address. I could just click the event in maps to map it. It is no longer doing that.

I used it all the time, so I really miss having it.

Feb 4, 2023 1:21 AM in response to SandyBoswell

Hi Sandy the same lack of this functionality is annoying me too, as is the inability of apple to understand what you are asking! I’m sure it used to work, and it seems so obvious that if I have events in my calendar that I’ve added a location to, when I’m in Maps on that day, I am going to want those addresses front and centre in maps ready for me to click on. It’s very frustrating that they aren’t there, even when I just go ahead and start typing the location anyway.

Dec 20, 2022 12:44 PM in response to SandyBoswell

Hello SandyBoswell,

It sounds like the steps in the article Find nearby attractions, restaurants, and services in Maps on iPhone - Apple Support should help restore your events.

Siri: Say something like: “Find a gas station” or “Find coffee near me.” Learn how to use Siri.

Or without using Siri, tap the search field, then do one of the following:

• Tap a category like Grocery Stores or Restaurants in the Find Nearby section of the search card.
  • Enter something like “playgrounds” or “parks” in the search field, then tap the Search Nearby result.

To change the nearby area, drag the map.

Depending on what you look for, you may be able to apply more search criteria, tap a suggestion to get additional information, and more.

Note: Nearby suggestions aren’t available in all countries or regions. See the iOS and iPadOS Feature Availability website.

Thanks!

Feb 4, 2023 1:40 AM in response to SandyBoswell

A quick update, as I’m looking into this - just testing, and it seems the Siri suggestion for the next event in Apple Maps only kicks in 2 hours before the event. This is a bit rubbish, as like you, and I imagine most people, at the very least I want to see my events for that day when I open Apple Maps, because chances are I’m going to start planning my routes well before two hours in advance.

EDIT have submitted this as a feature improvement request

Dec 20, 2022 1:40 PM in response to SandyBoswell

Good afternoon Shannon,

We'd like to help with the way you are accessing Maps from a Calendar event. It sounds like you are making an appointment some time in the future in the Calendar app, and adding the address for the event at the time you are creating it.

When you look at your calendar on the day of the event, you simply tap on the address field in Calendar to open the Maps app when you are ready to drive.

Is this functionality working for you?

Create and edit events in Calendar on iPhone - iPhone User Guide

Take care.

Dec 20, 2022 8:28 PM in response to judysings

Thank you for your response. Actually, I'm not accessing Maps from the Calendar event. I'm trying to do the reverse and access the location on the Calendar event from Maps.

Yes, that does work to go into Calendar and click on the Map, but it is an extra step. I already have Map open when I'm ready to drive. It used to pull the events from the calendar, but no longer does. It may sound nitpicky, but I really miss the convenience. I used it all the time. I could go from one event to another without ever opening my calendar.

Why has maps stopped showing calendar events and directions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.