Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini turns itself on

For years, at 7AM, my Mac mini has turned itself on without activating the screen. It is on about a minute then goes back to sleep. Annoying but I've gotten used to it. Yesterday the screen was activated and telling me that the computer didn't recognize the startup disc. Powered it down and turned it back on and all seemed well except that the computer was very slow to respond to any mouse or keyboard input. Then it went into a reboot all by itself. After that things were fine. This morning when I woke it up, it told me an error had occured and it had had to reboot. I sent the error to Apple. I don't have Any scheduled-wake settings set. Has anyone else experienced this? I am afraid that one of these mornings it will be unresponsive and that is not good.

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 9:45 AM

What year model Mac mini and macOS?

Identify your Mac mini model - Apple Support

1. Disable Computer Sleep and only allowing the Display(s) to Sleep. Then test that for a couple of days.
  2. Uncheck Auto startup after a power failure and test for a couple of days. If you find it off, then look for a loose cord or other power issue.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2022 9:45 AM in response to Sprucetip

What year model Mac mini and macOS?

Identify your Mac mini model - Apple Support

1. Disable Computer Sleep and only allowing the Display(s) to Sleep. Then test that for a couple of days.
  2. Uncheck Auto startup after a power failure and test for a couple of days. If you find it off, then look for a loose cord or other power issue.

Mac mini turns itself on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.