Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro2 losing connection with Samsung TV when TV channel is changed.

To all. I am trying to use my newly purchased Apple AirPods Pro2 with my Samsung TV, model = UN50AU8000FXZA. I previously was using my Apple AirPods Pro (or Pro1) with this same TV with no problems. Now with the Pro2, I connect to the TV and all is fine. Then if I change a channel, the sound is lost. To get the sound back, I take the following steps: On the TV, in the "Bluetooth Speaker List", it shows my "AirPods Pro2" as paired. I press on the button and the "AirPods Pro2" are now "connected" and I can hear sound from the TV. Now I change the channel on the TV and the sound quits working. I go back into the "Bluetooth Speaker List" and the "Airpods Pro2" show as "Connected", yet I have no sound. To get sound I must: On the TV do a disconnect of the "Airpods Pro2". And then "connect then again". After I do the disconnect and re-connect, then I will get sound again.

I have found some discussion that the Apple AirPods Pro (or Pro1) support "Apple's AAC Bluetooth Codec". I found this also referenced in the Samsung TV emanual. I also found a discussion on https://9to5mac.com/2022/06/23/airpods-max-beta-higher-quality-bluetooth-codec-airpods-pro-2/ that says with the AirPods Pro2, that "Low Complexity Communication Codec" or "LC3" would be used. I do not see a reference to "LC3" in the Samsung TV emanual.

Does anyone know if the AirPods Pro2 are using "LC3" and can they somehow be reverted to use "AAC" instead? Or maybe there is a different issue entirely.

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 7:16 PM

Seedorft,

I, too, have the same issue with AirPod pro2 connected to Samsung tv but losing Audio everytime I changed the channel or rewound/fast forwarded. I have exhausted all troubleshooting both with the AirPod pro2 and Samsung TV, but I still have to same issue which is extremely annoying:/. I also have spoken to Samsung support and was told the issue is Apple either hardware or software. My AirPod pro and AirPod gen 1 worked fine with Samsung TV and never had any issues.

Do you have any updates or insight about why airpod pro2 not working properly with Samsung TV?

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 7:16 PM in response to seedorft

Seedorft,

I, too, have the same issue with AirPod pro2 connected to Samsung tv but losing Audio everytime I changed the channel or rewound/fast forwarded. I have exhausted all troubleshooting both with the AirPod pro2 and Samsung TV, but I still have to same issue which is extremely annoying:/. I also have spoken to Samsung support and was told the issue is Apple either hardware or software. My AirPod pro and AirPod gen 1 worked fine with Samsung TV and never had any issues.

Do you have any updates or insight about why airpod pro2 not working properly with Samsung TV?

Jan 11, 2023 8:03 PM in response to seedorft

seedorft, if you write too long a complaint Apple removes it. I think that is what happened to you!

I've replied on the other thread and hope that at least it assists you. but I don't believe apple will fix this anytime soon as they don't accept it is a fault..

there are threads on reddit and macrumours discussing this. there was one on Samsung website but they deleted it! actually I just got a message from Apple that they removed from post!

Dec 20, 2022 1:22 PM in response to seedorft

Hello seedorft,

To help resolve this issue, try resetting the AirPods Pro. This helps reset the settings for the AirPods Pro and could help resolve many issues:

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Open the lid of your charging case, and put your AirPods in your ears.
4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Or go to Settings > [your AirPods].
If your AirPods appear there as connected, tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods, tap Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm.
If your AirPods don't appear there, continue to the next step. 
5. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and keep the lid open. 
6. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.*
7. Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone or iPad. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

Next, make sure there are no updates for your TV. TV updates can help improve performance and compatibility between other devices.

Best Regards.

Dec 20, 2022 2:54 PM in response to Community User

Trece1, thank you for the suggestion. It did not improve the issue that I am having. I also tried a reset while on the phone with Apple Support with the same result of no improvement. In addition, I have been in contact with Samsung support on two different occasions for this issue, and I also have confirmed that I am on the latest version for the TV. From the Samsung perspective, it is an Apple issue since I do not have this issue with my Apple AirPods Pro (or Pro1) with this same TV. My AirPods Pro2 are at Version 5B58.

I could certainly be wrong, but I still believe the issue has to do with the Bluetooth Codec being used in the AirPods Pro2, which is LC3 as I understand it.

AirPods Pro2 losing connection with Samsung TV when TV channel is changed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.