Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay wont wont on 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe

Hi, I'm having the same issue - carplay used to work fine but suddenly stopped working and when trying to reconnect it's telling me Unable to connect to Apple carplay, Please check your iphone.

Both the software is up to date in the car and phone. Can anyone help?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 5:31 PM

angelafromdevonport Said:

"Carplay wont wont on 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe: Hi, I'm having the same issue - carplay used to work fine but suddenly stopped working and when trying to reconnect it's telling me Unable to connect to Apple carplay, Please check your iPhone. Both the software is up to date in the car and phone. Can anyone help?"

-------

Troubleshooting CarPlay:

What to Try:

A. Pair in Park:

Try unpairing the phone. Then, pair it back. Perform this while in while in park.

If that does not work...

B. View the Owner's Manual:

See what the Owner's Manual of your car says when you read it.

Also...

C. Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: that it is after installing iOS15 whet the issue began
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2022 5:31 PM in response to angelafromdevonport

angelafromdevonport Said:

"Carplay wont wont on 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe: Hi, I'm having the same issue - carplay used to work fine but suddenly stopped working and when trying to reconnect it's telling me Unable to connect to Apple carplay, Please check your iPhone. Both the software is up to date in the car and phone. Can anyone help?"

-------

Troubleshooting CarPlay:

What to Try:

A. Pair in Park:

Try unpairing the phone. Then, pair it back. Perform this while in while in park.

If that does not work...

B. View the Owner's Manual:

See what the Owner's Manual of your car says when you read it.

Also...

C. Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: that it is after installing iOS15 whet the issue began
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Carplay wont wont on 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.