Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot unenroll from Beta

My laptop has macOS Ventura Beta 13.2. I'd like to uninstall from the Beta program, and have it simply run Ventura 13.1. Apple's instructions say to go to System Settings / General / Software Update and Click the 'Details…' button next to 'This Mac is enrolled in the Apple Beta Software Program.'

Unfortunately, none of that appears.

So how do I leave the Beta program and install Ventura 13.1?

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 7:58 AM

rob.phil wrote:

FWIW, you can try restarting to see if the "Details" button emerges. In any case, you are better off waiting for the release of 13.2. Once you unenroll from the beta program you would need to create a Ventura 13.1 bootable installer, boot your Mac from it, erase and install Ventura, then migrate your data from your Time Machine backup, assuming you have one.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2022 7:58 AM in response to rob.phil

rob.phil wrote:

FWIW, you can try restarting to see if the "Details" button emerges. In any case, you are better off waiting for the release of 13.2. Once you unenroll from the beta program you would need to create a Ventura 13.1 bootable installer, boot your Mac from it, erase and install Ventura, then migrate your data from your Time Machine backup, assuming you have one.

Dec 19, 2022 7:43 AM in response to rob.phil

rob.phil wrote:

My laptop has macOS Ventura Beta 13.2. I'd like to uninstall from the Beta program, and have it simply run Ventura 13.1. Apple's instructions say to go to System Settings / General / Software Update and Click the 'Details…' button next to 'This Mac is enrolled in the Apple Beta Software Program.'

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/352349af-2182-4aef-8cd6-35de463bb5e1

ref:

revert and Restore Shipping Software:

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/restore#macos

Unenroll Your Devices

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/unenroll#macos

Dec 19, 2022 8:28 AM in response to rob.phil

rob.phil wrote:

if necessary—

To make a bootable installer, see links to macOS—

Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

Backups—there are more than one option besides TimeMachine to restore your User data, but TM is easy:

—Back up your Mac Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

— How to create a boot clone How to create a boot clone - Apple Community

iCloud is more of a sync service

I will add—If you value your user data

3-2-1 Backup Strategy: three copies of your data, two different methods, and one offsite.

More than one device, more than one backup methodology.

Cannot unenroll from Beta

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.