Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text iMessage Synching issues

Text Messages received on my iPhone have suddenly stopped showing on my iPad and Mac. All are signed into same iCloud account. I have turned off the account and signed back in and turned off the iPad and restarted. All to avail. Any helpful hints please.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 11:19 PM

Set up text message forwarding

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
  2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.
  3. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2022 11:19 PM in response to jpanock

Set up text message forwarding

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
  2. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.
  3. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.

Text iMessage Synching issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.