Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Won't install OS X El Capitan

Can anyone help me in simple easy to understand steps please?

I've got a13" (early 2015) MacBook Pro, it started acting strange recently so I tried to wipe it clean & start again.

I'm not really very pc literate, anyway, I stared the machine in recovery mode & deleted drives & info on drives.

Truth be told I'm not really sure what I did but when the machine restarts I get the option of installing OS X El Capitan, I follow the steps but when it reaches the stage where is asks me to " select the disk where I want to install OSX the next tab is greyed out & there's no other options.

The only option I have is to use the back tab to the original menu

Restore from Time machine (not an option as I deleted it)

Reinstall OSX (as described above)

Get help online (useless)

Disk utility (same story as above)

I'd really appreciate any help or advice as now's not really a good time to have to buy a new machine(:

Thanks in anticipation

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 5:37 AM

Hi,

Resetting NVRAM, then start up in Recovery mode could works.

Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, you'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to install macOS on your MacBook Pro there. As far as I know, it's free.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

https://locate.apple.com/

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2022 5:37 AM in response to stevegsm

Hi,

Resetting NVRAM, then start up in Recovery mode could works.

Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, you'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to install macOS on your MacBook Pro there. As far as I know, it's free.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

https://locate.apple.com/

MacBook Pro Won't install OS X El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.