Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Stop HomePod Mini acting as HomeKit Hub because the Apple TV 4k is a far more reliable as a HomeKit Hub

Hi there! 

I successfully updated my iPhone 13 ProMax, iPadPro 12.9 [5th Gen], Apple TV 4k [2nd Gen] and two HomePod Minis to v16.2 [configured as a stereo pair] to the New HomeKit architecture that iOS 16.2 provides.

I was hoping that the new architecture would prevent my Eve Outdoor Cam from behaving erratically but it did not. I then tried turning off both HomePod Minis so that my Apple TV 4k (which is connected to my router via ethernet) acts as THE ONLY hub at all times. 

This has worked (!) . . . so I would like to know if it is possible to disable the HomePod Minis’ HomeKit Hub function so that I don't have to keep my HomePod Minis off - I do like it when they play music for me!

I've had a look at the Home app settings for the HomePod Minis and there are many options to toggle, but unfortunately there is no toggle for ‘Act as Hub’ which is what I was hoping to see.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 6:41 AM

Short of turning off HomePods until the Apple TV takes over the home hub role, and then hoping it doesn't switch again, I don't think there is any way to select which is the active hub. Use Feedback - HomePod - Apple to suggest there should be some method of control.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies

How to Stop HomePod Mini acting as HomeKit Hub because the Apple TV 4k is a far more reliable as a HomeKit Hub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.