Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade to high sierra 10.13 (pretty old iMac...)

Hi, Got a problem because I should update my old iMac (mid 2010) to High Sierra 10.13.0 (?) and I can't find it anywhere! I tried to update it straight to 10.13.3 but the computer says that I should get 10.13 first (ha-ha! :/ ) ...my new printer doesn't want to work without 10.13. sooo, pretty nice situation. Any hints?

Otherwise my iMac is working just fine :D

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 10:38 AM

5 replies

Dec 20, 2022 11:47 AM in response to Niel

Thank You Neil, but I already tried that one. When I try to "open" it, it says ≈ "This copy of install MacOS Sierra is damaged and cannot be used". My problem is, that according to compatibility I should be able to upgrade my iMac to 10.13. ( => iMac (mid 2010) should be Ok with 10.13 but not anymore with 10.14.)

I was able to download the 10.13.3 version install package, but my Mac doesn't want to "jump" there (I mean open it) before it has version 10.13.

A bit strange thing is that for example in Mojave version 10.14.6 (from appstore) the small icon says "download" when for this 10.13. version it says "open"...and it claims that the copy is damaged.

Upgrade to high sierra 10.13 (pretty old iMac...)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.