Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my 2019 Macbook Pro to charge again? Seems to be issue with mac, not charger.

Can't get my 2019 Macbook Pro to charge all the sudden. Seems to be issue with mac, not charger. Doesn't matter which of the 4 ports I try to use.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 10:53 AM

2 replies

Dec 21, 2022 4:09 PM in response to jfbradfield

Hey there jfbradfield,

Let's start with confirming some more details to better understand what's happening, along with ruling out some possible causes:

1. What exactly leads you to believe it's the charger, and not your Mac, that's causing the issue with it not charging? The more details you provide, the better we'll understand why you think this is.
  2. Have you tested your charger with a different Mac to see if it charges it?
  3. We also found a link that lists the next steps to take If your Mac battery won’t charge.

Cheers!

Dec 21, 2022 4:28 PM in response to bruno75

Thanks anyway, Bruno. Since posting, I found my fix. Took several repetitions of some kind of forgotten Druid ritual for the 2019. No idea what triggered it, but solution involved holding power key down ten seconds to complete the power off (bizarre already). Then holding control and option and right shift key down together for 7 seconds… not longer, not shorter. Then also reaching up to hold the power key off, all four together for 7 seconds, then letting go all at once… then shutting the lid and reopening (not all sites gave that part). Then press power key.

I did that process repeatedly, unsure whether to have it plugged in or not. Last time I did the sequence, did it unplugged, then plugged it in, let it sit overnight.

figured I’d have to take it in (60 miles from home). But woke up this morning to a fully charged, perfectly functioning MacBook. No issues charging today. Charger works plugged into any port.

I know how to translate instructions from runes into English now! (Who comes up with this stuff?)

How do I get my 2019 Macbook Pro to charge again? Seems to be issue with mac, not charger.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.