Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BUG: Screentime Content Restriction App Age forces child to enter password 3 times

If you enable Screentime and set an age for Apps under Screentime > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions, then every time the child wants to install the app it asks for the password 3 times (once to get, once to buy (even if free), then after approval, a third time to install.

The Accounts->Media & Passwords->Password settings screen becomes greyed out and the slider for not asking for password for free downloads is forced to always ask.

Even worse, it asks for a password every time you want to update an app too. So every time my child's apps broke because they needed an update, I was having to enter their password. If you need to update 30 apps, you have to enter the password 30 times!

After fighting for this for over a year with my child using his iPad less than he would have if not for this inconvenience, I finally found the workaround of disabling the age restriction on apps. As I have the Ask to Buy family sharing setting enabled, I still have to approve the app on my side which is exactly how I want things.

Screentime causing child to enter passwor… - Apple Community

With this workaround, I just have to be careful to make sure I only approve age approach apps (which I should do anyways). However, it still feels less safe not having the age restriction parental setting enabled.

Please fix this bug! I am sure this bug is a nightmare for many other parents.

iPad

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 4:27 PM

Hi stassart,

Welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: Please fix this bug!

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in this community ... so no-one here is able to do this.

You might want to send feedback to Apple, to reach those who work behind the scenes.

They will likely not reply, yet your feedback will receive attention from those who can make changes.

We may see the issue addressed in a future update.

There is a web-form online for feedback:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

All the best :-)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2022 4:27 PM in response to stassart

Hi stassart,

Welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: Please fix this bug!

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in this community ... so no-one here is able to do this.

You might want to send feedback to Apple, to reach those who work behind the scenes.

They will likely not reply, yet your feedback will receive attention from those who can make changes.

We may see the issue addressed in a future update.

There is a web-form online for feedback:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

All the best :-)

BUG: Screentime Content Restriction App Age forces child to enter password 3 times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.