Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.8.2.3 on Late 2008 MBP running 10.11.6 (El Capitan). Trying to merge imported discs from a box set into one album.

Previous attempts have sometimes mysteriously subsumed separate discs into a single album, with sections reflecting their original listings (disc 1, disc 2, etc.) in just the way I'd like rather than interlacing tracks into a salad of songs in "perfect" track order but no disc number subheading. But this has usually been when I have cut and pasted the same album title to separate imported discs.

I have explored the Album Info options, post import, to try to better merge in the manner in which I prefer, but a few are stubbornly resisting my custom classification efforts...

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 11:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 9:20 AM

See Grouping tracks into albums for general advice. In particular:

One cover for multi-disc album

Multi-disc albums are often listed as Album (CD1) for CD 1, Album (CD2) for CD 2 etc. To display these properly using just one cover, each disc should have the correct Disc X of Y values set, and then the entire album should be given the single title Album. Being somewhat obsessive I also renumber the tracks sequentially, working backwards from the last track (so that no two tracks ever have the same number) until I reach disc 1. You can still give tracks from the individual discs different artwork should it be relevant so that the correct artwork will be displayed as the album progresses. I've also written a (Windows only) script called AddToTrackNumber which can help with the renumbering aspect. The script SingleFromDouble should do something similar for Mac users.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2022 9:20 AM in response to End Uzr

See Grouping tracks into albums for general advice. In particular:

One cover for multi-disc album

Multi-disc albums are often listed as Album (CD1) for CD 1, Album (CD2) for CD 2 etc. To display these properly using just one cover, each disc should have the correct Disc X of Y values set, and then the entire album should be given the single title Album. Being somewhat obsessive I also renumber the tracks sequentially, working backwards from the last track (so that no two tracks ever have the same number) until I reach disc 1. You can still give tracks from the individual discs different artwork should it be relevant so that the correct artwork will be displayed as the album progresses. I've also written a (Windows only) script called AddToTrackNumber which can help with the renumbering aspect. The script SingleFromDouble should do something similar for Mac users.

tt2

iTunes 12.8.2.3 on Late 2008 MBP running 10.11.6 (El Capitan). Trying to merge imported discs from a box set into one album.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.