Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting a message that I need to update my software in order to connect my brand new iPhone 14 Pro to my computer. My computer is running High Sierra 10.13.6. What does it want to update???

I am getting a message that I need to update my software in order to connect my brand new iPhone 14 Pro to my desktop computer. My computer is running High Sierra 10.13.6. My iTunes is v.12.8.3.1. It doesn't say what is getting updated. I wish it would tell me if it is the iTunes software or the OS that it wants to update. I did a lot of digging before I purchased the iPhone 14 Pro and it sounded like there would be no problem connecting the two and that iTunes v.12.8.3.1 would work. Arrrgh!!! Can anyone help me???

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 11:08 AM

4 replies

Dec 21, 2022 6:24 PM in response to BugleMan

BugleMan wrote:

Indeed, it worked! Thank you to those that answered my query and gave me the courage to take the leap. What surprises me is that when all was done and working, it had the same iTunes version # as I had before v.12.8.3.1. Can someone explain that???
Thanks!

The update doesn't change the features or functionality of iTunes at all. It merely updates the drivers it uses to allow it to communicate with the version of iOS that's installed on the phone.

Getting a message that I need to update my software in order to connect my brand new iPhone 14 Pro to my computer. My computer is running High Sierra 10.13.6. What does it want to update???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.