Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what if I no longer have access to my trusted device?

I'm trying to log into a new device and I know my icloud information, but it keeps telling me to continue on an old ipad, which I no longer have and have deleted from my icloud. how do I bypass this?

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 12:09 PM

You can request the code be sent to a trusted phone number you have set if you have one, as described in the support document you posted from:

Get a text or phone call

If you don’t have a trusted device handy, you can have a verification code sent to your trusted phone number as a text message or phone call.

If you don't have a trusted number either, you need to request an account recovery:

If you still can't sign in

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2022 12:09 PM in response to sarahhettinger

You can request the code be sent to a trusted phone number you have set if you have one, as described in the support document you posted from:

Get a text or phone call

If you don’t have a trusted device handy, you can have a verification code sent to your trusted phone number as a text message or phone call.

If you don't have a trusted number either, you need to request an account recovery:

If you still can't sign in

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

what if I no longer have access to my trusted device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.