Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have the problem on external SSD slow write speed on iMac 2019

I bought a owc envoy pro sx that is 2800mb/s read and write speed.

I m using this OWC envoy pro sx for my iMac 2019 boot drive.

That only around 1300MB/s write speed but over 2000MB/s read speed on iMac2019.(using TB3 cable)

I test the same external ssd to my 2021 macbook pro that show the around 1800MB/s write speed.(using TB3 cable)

Anyone know what is the problem that limited the write speed?

iMac 27″

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 11:17 PM

Hello!

Try to use the First Aid feature of Disk Utility to find and repair disk errors: How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support.

Also, try to connect the OWC Envoy Pro SX to a different Thunderbolt port on your Mac and test.

If the issue persists, I'd recommend you contact OWC support: Customer Support - OWC.

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2022 11:17 PM in response to SRRRay

Hello!

Try to use the First Aid feature of Disk Utility to find and repair disk errors: How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support.

Also, try to connect the OWC Envoy Pro SX to a different Thunderbolt port on your Mac and test.

If the issue persists, I'd recommend you contact OWC support: Customer Support - OWC.

Jack

I have the problem on external SSD slow write speed on iMac 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.