Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 factor AUTHENTICATION.

How do I stop my MACBOOK from asking to signin with 2 factor authentication.

My MacBook keeps asking me to signing with 2 factor authentication, I DONT WANT TO USE 2 FACTOR AUTHENTICATION.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 9:32 AM

The below links will provide the necessary Information regarding Apple 2 Factor Authorization process.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

And to Quote an excerpt from one of the links above

" If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off. If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security. "

Should this should not be to the liking of the user >>

Then have a few suggestions ;

1 - Get Support Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution.Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

2 - Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2022 9:32 AM in response to pseal45

The below links will provide the necessary Information regarding Apple 2 Factor Authorization process.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

And to Quote an excerpt from one of the links above

" If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off. If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security. "

Should this should not be to the liking of the user >>

Then have a few suggestions ;

1 - Get Support Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution.Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

2 - Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

2 factor AUTHENTICATION.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.