Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro ´21 keyboard switching symbols

Punctuation marks around the keyboard are switched around. ie. when I press shift semicolon, I get capital n with dialect marking when I press shift number 2, I get quote marks not at symbol etc. How do I change this . Cannot get question mark or colons or parentheses in the usual locations.

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 3:55 PM

BKconfused wrote:

Punctuation marks around the keyboard are switched around. ie. when I press shift semicolon, I get capital n with dialect marking when I press shift number 2, I get quote marks not at symbol etc. How do I change this .

Go to system settings > keyboard > input sources and use the minus button to get rid of the item called "Spanish" or "Latin American". Make sure the only item on the list is called "US" or "ABC"

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2022 3:55 PM in response to BKconfused

BKconfused wrote:

Punctuation marks around the keyboard are switched around. ie. when I press shift semicolon, I get capital n with dialect marking when I press shift number 2, I get quote marks not at symbol etc. How do I change this .

Go to system settings > keyboard > input sources and use the minus button to get rid of the item called "Spanish" or "Latin American". Make sure the only item on the list is called "US" or "ABC"

MacBook Pro ´21 keyboard switching symbols

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.