Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Composing email to new recipient

I cannot seem to type a new email address in the send mode without Mail defaulting to an existing email it finds. I have typed the entire email address but immediate it flips to one of the suggested ones that pop up menu. I have attempted to type the entire address but that is no solution. It has never done this before so I am wondering if there is a setting that somehow changed.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 8:12 AM

Cheeterbeater wrote:

I cannot seem to type a new email address in the send mode without Mail defaulting to an existing email it finds. I have typed the entire email address but immediate it flips to one of the suggested ones that pop up menu. I have attempted to type the entire address but that is no solution. It has never done this before so I am wondering if there is a setting that somehow changed.

Seems odd...

Quit Mail and try launching it holding the Shift key and try again...

no resolve try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

From Mail>Window>Show Previous Recipients and delete the corresponding/offending address if that is your issue.

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

still no resolve—

you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/mail.html

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2022 8:12 AM in response to Cheeterbeater

Cheeterbeater wrote:

Seems odd...

Quit Mail and try launching it holding the Shift key and try again...

no resolve try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

From Mail>Window>Show Previous Recipients and delete the corresponding/offending address if that is your issue.

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

still no resolve—

you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/mail.html

Composing email to new recipient

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.