Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Images not displaying in OS 13 Apple Mail

I updated to MacOS 13.1 Ventura and images in Apple Mail are no longer displaying. I've turned off the checkbox to protect mail privacy because I'm not really concerned about image tracking and I find it a major nuisance to have to click the Load Content button for every single email hundreds of times a day.

But no matter what setting I use, the images continue to stay hidden. I've rebooted the Mac, restarted Mail and even re-synced the mailboxes without success.

What can I do to have images automatically load rather than the excessively heavy-handed security "feature" Apple thinks I need?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 5:18 PM

Adwiz wrote:

I updated to MacOS 13.1 Ventura and images in Apple Mail are no longer displaying. I've turned off the checkbox to protect mail privacy because I'm not really concerned about image tracking and I find it a major nuisance to have to click the Load Content button for every single email hundreds of times a day.

But no matter what setting I use, the images continue to stay hidden. I've rebooted the Mac, restarted Mail and even re-synced the mailboxes without success.

What can I do to have images automatically load rather than the excessively heavy-handed security "feature" Apple thinks I need?

Mail issues—

Open mail app select Mail>Settings>Privacy disable all:

“Protect Mail Activity” /

“Hide IP address” /

“Block all remote content”

Compare your results and report back.

If no resolve see

—if you are using Hide My email—try disabling this feature if no resolve and compare your results...

Set up and use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on all your devices - Apple Support

—if you are using iCloud Private Relay on Mac - Apple Support try disabling this feature if no resolve and compare your results...

Use iCloud Private Relay on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2022 5:18 PM in response to Adwiz

Adwiz wrote:

Mail issues—

Open mail app select Mail>Settings>Privacy disable all:

“Protect Mail Activity” /

“Hide IP address” /

“Block all remote content”

Compare your results and report back.

If no resolve see

—if you are using Hide My email—try disabling this feature if no resolve and compare your results...

Set up and use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on all your devices - Apple Support

—if you are using iCloud Private Relay on Mac - Apple Support try disabling this feature if no resolve and compare your results...

Use iCloud Private Relay on Mac - Apple Support

Dec 23, 2022 5:43 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thank you. Turning off the IP tracking did the trick, but I didn't expect that to be necessary. Interesting.

I don't understand why Apple needs that turned off to avoid showing the images in the email. They could easily enough program Mail so that it can display the images without sending back my IP address.

In any case, thanks for giving me the solution!

Images not displaying in OS 13 Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.