Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Images not appearing in Mail

Images are no longer appearing in Mail. Even going back to old messages were images had appeared, now they are no longer there. When clicking on the missing image, I am directed to the URL it was linked to (if there is a link). Any ideas how to update my Mail so inline images appear? macOS Ventura 13.4.1

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 9:54 AM

5 replies

Feb 11, 2024 9:25 AM in response to sckorff

Unless you're using a true VPN tunnel, such as between you and your employer's, school's or bank's servers, they provide false security from a privacy standpoint.  Read these articles: FPubic VPN's are anything but public,, Former Malware Distributor Kape Technologies Now Owns a Number of Public VPNs and a Collection of VPN “Review” Websites and Security Risks: The Dangers of Using Free VPNs (eccu.edu).  

And it just could be involved in the problem you're currently having.

Just some food for thought.

Dec 19, 2023 7:59 AM in response to bill1phillips

Thanks for your clear information. I'm running OS Sonoma 14.2 and "Block All Remote Activity" was UNchecked. I unchecked "Protect Mail Activity" and not yet sure it's fully working. The email address was a Gmail so I checked through the Gmail site and a small logo that was not available through my hard drive email did show in the direct Gmail link.

I hope Apple will fix this!

Images not appearing in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.