Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed to add touch id

I tried all the steps that are instructed here to setup touch id properly. My current Mac OS version is Ventura 13.1. After updating, the touch Id stopped working. So I deleted the previous touch ids and tried to add again. But it shows an error... " unable to add touch id. Try again later".

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 6:04 PM

shailyroy15 wrote:

I tried all the steps that are instructed here to setup touch id properly. My current Mac OS version is Ventura 13.1. After updating, the touch Id stopped working. So I deleted the previous touch ids and tried to add again. But it shows an error... " unable to add touch id. Try again later".

Well, it sounds like it could be hardware issue...

See if you can run the user Diagnostic:

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

May kick out an error code. Report back

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2022 6:04 PM in response to shailyroy15

shailyroy15 wrote:

Well, it sounds like it could be hardware issue...

See if you can run the user Diagnostic:

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

May kick out an error code. Report back

Failed to add touch id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.