Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know what the specific iCloud mail server settings should be?

My mail app can receive messages but won’t send them. My iCloud account can send from my iPad and iPhone but not my MacBook. I called support but she didn’t seem to understand the problem. What I’m looking for is the specific server name, host name, etc for icloud. Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 9:15 PM

Mail settings can be found out using this link Mail – Official Apple Support

See the article iCloud Mail server settings for other email client apps - Apple Support

SMTP information for the outgoing iCloud Mail server

• Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
  • SSL Required: Yes
  • If you see an error message when using SSL, try using TLS or STARTTLS instead.
  • Port: 587
  • SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
  • Username: Your full iCloud Mail email address (for example, johnappleseed@icloud.com, not johnappleseed)
  • Password: Use the app-specific password that you generated when you set up the incoming mail server.

See the articles Verify an email account’s outgoing server in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2022 9:15 PM in response to Citygirl6

Mail settings can be found out using this link Mail – Official Apple Support

See the article iCloud Mail server settings for other email client apps - Apple Support

SMTP information for the outgoing iCloud Mail server

• Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
  • SSL Required: Yes
  • If you see an error message when using SSL, try using TLS or STARTTLS instead.
  • Port: 587
  • SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
  • Username: Your full iCloud Mail email address (for example, johnappleseed@icloud.com, not johnappleseed)
  • Password: Use the app-specific password that you generated when you set up the incoming mail server.

See the articles Verify an email account’s outgoing server in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support

Does anyone know what the specific iCloud mail server settings should be?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.