Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help I’m getting a message about my iphone battery not being a legitimate verified apple battery. My phone is now having trouble charging and is unfortunately not updated. How do I get my iphone 11pro to charge so I can update it?

Help I’m getting a message about my iphone battery not being a legitimate verified apple battery. My phone is now having trouble charging and is unfortunately not updated. How do I get my iphone 11pro to charge so I can update it?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 7:13 PM

Did you replace the battery in the phone recently? If you did, the shop did not install a genuine Apple battery. Take the phone back and get the right part installed or get your money back.

You will only find a genuine battery at the Apple Store or an authorized Apple Service Shop.

When the correct part is installed, the message will go away and the battery will charge normally and Battery Health - Maximum Capacity will be at 100%

If you did not have the battery replaced, then you need to head to the Apple Store or authorized Apple Service shop to let them take a look.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2022 7:13 PM in response to badore1

Did you replace the battery in the phone recently? If you did, the shop did not install a genuine Apple battery. Take the phone back and get the right part installed or get your money back.

You will only find a genuine battery at the Apple Store or an authorized Apple Service Shop.

When the correct part is installed, the message will go away and the battery will charge normally and Battery Health - Maximum Capacity will be at 100%

If you did not have the battery replaced, then you need to head to the Apple Store or authorized Apple Service shop to let them take a look.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.