📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings to get the most from the Apple Watch and Apple Watch Ultra

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Cellular Plans Listed in Settings in iPhone's Apple Watch App

So I previously had my Apple Watch on a cellular plan but removed it while I was out of the country for a long time so that I didn't have to pay for it. Now that I am back in the US, I added my Apple Watch onto my Verizon Plan again. After adding my Apple Watch on the plan again, if I go into the cellular settings in the Apple Watch App on my iPhone it shows two Verizon plans. One of the plans listed is labeled "NOT IN USE" and when I select the information button the only option in the menu that comes up is "Remove Verizon Plan." The other plan listed has an additional option listed "Manage Verizon Account" and I am guessing that is the plan that I reinstated for my Apple Watch so I don't what to make an changed for that one.

If I selects to remove the plan that is labeled "NOT IN USE," is that going to affect the plan that I recently reinstated or should I just leave it listed there?

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 7:43 PM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2022 1:26 PM in response to MrGingerSnap

Hi there MrGingerSnap,

As long as you do not remove the Verizon plan listed under 'Cellular', removing this other not in use plan should not affect the cellular service of your Apple Watch. The 'Remove your cellular plan' section here has more information on this: Set up cellular on Apple Watch

Remove your cellular plan
You can remove your cellular plan at any time:
1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app. 
2. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Cellular. 
3. Tap the information button  next to your cellular plan at the top of the screen. 
4. Tap Remove [carrier] Plan. Tap again to confirm. 
5. You might need to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription.*

When you erase and unpair your Apple Watch, you also get the option to remove the plan from your Apple Watch. When asked, choose Erase All to remove the plan. 
* Carrier fees may apply. Contact your carrier for details.

If you experience issues with cellular service after removing the plan that's listed as not in use, reach out to your wireless carrier next as they would be the best equipped to assist further.

Cheers!

Multiple Cellular Plans Listed in Settings in iPhone's Apple Watch App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.