Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removed files on desktop

I was trying to save space on my iCloud by unchecking the box "iCloud Drive" without realizing it would remove all the folders of my assignments on my desktop. How can I retrieve it back? Please and thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 10:36 PM

vatallyn Said:

"Removed files on desktop: I was trying to save space on my iCloud by unchecking the box "iCloud Drive" without realizing it would remove all the folders of my assignments on my desktop. How can I retrieve it back? Please and thank you!"

-------

Restore from a Backup:

Did you ever back up your Mac using Time Machine. If so, then restore your Mac to a backup that has this info. If so, at would then lay on the Desktop(or wherever else). So, create a Time Machine Backup, restore from the older one, get the data, and then restore from the new one you just create. Then, export the files to a flash drive. Once exported, reset your Mac from the Time Bacon Backup you just created.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2022 10:36 PM in response to vatallyn

vatallyn Said:

"Removed files on desktop: I was trying to save space on my iCloud by unchecking the box "iCloud Drive" without realizing it would remove all the folders of my assignments on my desktop. How can I retrieve it back? Please and thank you!"

-------

Restore from a Backup:

Did you ever back up your Mac using Time Machine. If so, then restore your Mac to a backup that has this info. If so, at would then lay on the Desktop(or wherever else). So, create a Time Machine Backup, restore from the older one, get the data, and then restore from the new one you just create. Then, export the files to a flash drive. Once exported, reset your Mac from the Time Bacon Backup you just created.

Dec 23, 2022 10:36 PM in response to vatallyn

vatallyn Said:

-------

Download All of iCloud:

If you wanted to, you could download all of iCloud, and then use Finder to browse for it. Perform my User Tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip.

Removed files on desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.