Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When a new device is signed on to your Apple ID, does the notification tell you the device’s name or just give you a general device type9 (such as iPhone, Mac, iPad)?

Hi,

When a new device is signed on to your Apple ID, does the notification tell you the device’s name or just give you a general device type9 (such as iPhone, Mac, iPad)? I keep getting notifications that new devices are logged into my Apple ID and is using my message and phone, but it does not provide me with the device’s name just the type of device.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 6:21 AM

I haven't seen that notice in a while but I think it just gives the general device type.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

The first time that you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device

When you sign in with your Apple ID user name and

password for the first time on a new device or the web, you'll receive a

notification on your trusted devices that someone is trying to sign in

with your Apple ID. The notification might include a map of the

approximate location of the sign-in attempt. This location is based on

the new device's IP address and might reflect the network that it's

connected to, rather than the exact physical location. If you know that

you're the person trying to sign in but don't recognize the location,

you can still tap Allow and view the verification code. If you're not

the one trying to sign in, tap Don't Allow to block the sign-in attempt.

If it isn't you generating these then this may also be of interest: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

For iOS 15 or earlier, if you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts, click here --> See who has access to your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

For iOS 16 or later see how Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe. How Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe - Apple Support

Related materials:

Personal Safety User Guide

Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

> open the Table of Contents

A document with general information about security and your Apple ID --> Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security by clicking on this link --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2022 6:21 AM in response to Supra0097

I haven't seen that notice in a while but I think it just gives the general device type.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

The first time that you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device

When you sign in with your Apple ID user name and

password for the first time on a new device or the web, you'll receive a

notification on your trusted devices that someone is trying to sign in

with your Apple ID. The notification might include a map of the

approximate location of the sign-in attempt. This location is based on

the new device's IP address and might reflect the network that it's

connected to, rather than the exact physical location. If you know that

you're the person trying to sign in but don't recognize the location,

you can still tap Allow and view the verification code. If you're not

the one trying to sign in, tap Don't Allow to block the sign-in attempt.

If it isn't you generating these then this may also be of interest: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

For iOS 15 or earlier, if you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts, click here --> See who has access to your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

For iOS 16 or later see how Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe. How Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe - Apple Support

Related materials:

Personal Safety User Guide

Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

> open the Table of Contents

A document with general information about security and your Apple ID --> Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security by clicking on this link --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

When a new device is signed on to your Apple ID, does the notification tell you the device’s name or just give you a general device type9 (such as iPhone, Mac, iPad)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.