Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to manage 2nd Apple ID with Family Sharing on one device?

So how do you manage a 2nd Apple ID with Family Sharing on one device? My main Apple ID also has Family sharing with other family members and that is the Apple ID I use my device.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 2:04 PM

You can’t do what you want. You can only have one Apple ID on a device at a time. And, if you switch Apple IDs, you have to wait 90 dais before you can switch back.

Some people will have young children share an Apple ID to get around this. It comes with its own issues but might work in your circumstances.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2022 2:04 PM in response to Ezra4no1

You can’t do what you want. You can only have one Apple ID on a device at a time. And, if you switch Apple IDs, you have to wait 90 dais before you can switch back.

Some people will have young children share an Apple ID to get around this. It comes with its own issues but might work in your circumstances.

Dec 24, 2022 1:50 PM in response to muguy

Thanks, but not what I am trying to do. I have a total of 8 people I need to manage. Can only do family share with up to 6 people, hence I need a 2nd Apple ID. I am not trying to share the same thing with all 8 people and I am ok having 2 family shares and fees.

Again, How do I manage a 2nd Apple ID. Its stupid as heck for me to buy another Apple device just to manage a 2nd family sharing, and for something Apple wont let you do on the web or allow a 2nd ID to also be connected to a device you already have with it's Apple ID and manage that family sharing separately. I can't believe I am the only person on earth with this problem or who has a family larger than 6 people. Is there a way to do this?

How to manage 2nd Apple ID with Family Sharing on one device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.