Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple Watch has a red icon and won't charge.

I am a new owner of the Apple Watch and it needs to charge and has the red icon and time but I cannot get it to charge. What am I missing?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 3:44 PM

Did you purchase a used Apple Watch? If you did and it won't charge on the apple charging cord with an appropriate charging plug, return the watch as it sounds as if you purchased a defective watch.

Here's a link you can read about how to charge Apple Watch, but if your watch is used, you likely didn't get what you thought you purchased --> Charge Apple Watch - Apple Support (MY)

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2022 3:44 PM in response to Drphmccullough

Did you purchase a used Apple Watch? If you did and it won't charge on the apple charging cord with an appropriate charging plug, return the watch as it sounds as if you purchased a defective watch.

Here's a link you can read about how to charge Apple Watch, but if your watch is used, you likely didn't get what you thought you purchased --> Charge Apple Watch - Apple Support (MY)

New Apple Watch has a red icon and won't charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.