You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth between MacBook and iPhone

I just got a new MacBook Air. I can’t make it connect with my iPhone SE. I have it tied to my iPhone with my iPhones power cable. I want to Bluetooth between my MacBook and my iPhone. What should I do? Reilly Johnson.

MacBook Air, macOS 13.1

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 4:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 4:49 PM

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information:  Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 24, 2022 4:49 PM in response to reilly296

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information:  Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

Bluetooth between MacBook and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.