You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I get my new M2 macBook Pro to connect Bluetooth to my IPhone 14?

Tried starting bluetooth on and off with both devices. Both devices can link bluetooth with my wireless headphones. I see my MaBook Pro on my IPhone 14 but my new Macbook Pro does not see my IPhone 14.

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 12:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 1:05 PM

Unlike a keyboard or an audio device or such, aMac doesn’t get manually paired with an iPhone.

While a Mac and an iPhone do use Bluetooth communications, they are effectively already paired when the same Apple ID is used on both.

This automatic communications is also how, for instance, AirPods Pro or Beats Studio³ can easily swap among related Apple devices, once paired with one Apple device and the associated Apple ID.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2023 1:05 PM in response to wxguy11

Unlike a keyboard or an audio device or such, aMac doesn’t get manually paired with an iPhone.

While a Mac and an iPhone do use Bluetooth communications, they are effectively already paired when the same Apple ID is used on both.

This automatic communications is also how, for instance, AirPods Pro or Beats Studio³ can easily swap among related Apple devices, once paired with one Apple device and the associated Apple ID.

Why can't I get my new M2 macBook Pro to connect Bluetooth to my IPhone 14?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.