Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I need a password for my phone in order to use the Apple wallet?

I should only have to have a password on my wallet and not on my entire phone. That way, only the things I really want secured like my wallet and passwords require my passcode.

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 9:41 PM

Fortnite_ios1 Said:

"Why do I need a password for my phone in order to use the Apple wallet?: I should only have to have a password on my wallet and not on my entire phone. That way, only the things I really want secured like my wallet and passwords require my passcode."

-------

Why Passwords are Required:

For ID Security & Privacy Purposes: Apple Pay Security and Privacy Overview - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2022 9:41 PM in response to Fortnite_ios1

Fortnite_ios1 Said:

"Why do I need a password for my phone in order to use the Apple wallet?: I should only have to have a password on my wallet and not on my entire phone. That way, only the things I really want secured like my wallet and passwords require my passcode."

-------

Why Passwords are Required:

For ID Security & Privacy Purposes: Apple Pay Security and Privacy Overview - Apple Support

Why do I need a password for my phone in order to use the Apple wallet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.